Mesa to Pitt 2015

Mesa to Pitt 2015
Mesa to OBX

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sunshine skyway bridge! Jan 23

Getting ready to drive across the Sunshine Skyway into St Petersburg.   Wind is whipping n waves are crashing and I'm going to have a broadside wind! Can't wait! View will be great but its gonna be another white knuckle trip!

Hey! I survived!  It was an awesome view!  What a fun way to spend my birthday!  Seriously, the wind wasn't really hitting me broadside as I went over the peak of the bridge, so I could concentrate on the construction that shifted my lane onto the shoulder!  There I was, 6 inches from the edge of the bridge - it did give me a great view!  I could see for miles and I got to see Tropicana Field where the Tampa Rays place baseball.  Once I was off of the bridge, I was plunged into downtown St. Petersburg with 3 lanes of traffic and a turning lane on my right - oh and don't forget a red light at the end of almost every block.  Needless to say, I was very happy to see the campground!

No comments:

Post a Comment