Mesa to Pitt 2015

Mesa to Pitt 2015
Mesa to OBX

Friday, January 25, 2013

Midway Campground to Naples

Jan 15---67.25 in 4:07. US 41 is going to be a common theme for a while. It is called the Tamiami Trail, and I will be on it all the way, eventually to Tampa. Today the weather was beautiful, and the wind at my back. The road was great all the way to Naples, shoulders sufficient, and traffic light. I got the opportunity to count alligators again, and the count was 178. That's not a typo. 178 gators in one day!
Once I got to Naples, I turned north, but the wind was still pushing me. Traffic, however was crazy! Nothing but malls, shopping developments, Walgreens, Publix grocery stores, and banks it seemed. Traffic showed me respect for the most part,,and I tried to keep my speed up and be predictable. The campground was 15 miles north of Naples, so I got thru all the mess in one day.
Later in the day, we hooked up with Barry Fagan, a good friend from my Peters Township days, and we had a beer and caught up on news at a great beach side bar on the Gulf of Mexico called Doc's Beachhouse. The plan is to spend several days here, hang out with Barry, and see what Naples has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment