Mesa to Pitt 2015

Mesa to Pitt 2015
Mesa to OBX

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Amazing snorkeling!!! jan 5, 2013

One thing everyone has to do is snorkel at John C. Pennecamp State Park! The price is the best anywhere, and I can't imagine the snorkeling being better anywhere! We decided to rent wetsuits, even though the water was warm, we knew we were gonna be in for over a hour. Water and wave conditions were perfect, and it was definitely worth the wait after canceling on jan first (for everyone except Buddy). I put on a snorkel, fins, and face mask, and after a few quick pointers, jumped in, and swam like a pro...I was the last out of the water, and drank ZERO ocean water. The coral and fish were just unbelievable, like watching a 3D National Geographic show on tv, only better. You could just float and let the (yes...me float!) current take you over the reef. I was worried for a while about touching the coral (which is a no-no), until I reached down and realized it was many feet below me. The water was probably 10-15 feet deep, and it looked like I could stand up in it! The tunnels in and out to the coral rock, the plant growth, and the million different types of fish made time go by so fast, I thought I was in the water for about 15 minutes, when I was really in for an hour and 15.

Mike getting ready to snorkel in his wetsuit and dive vest.  

Another issue that was resolved on this trip to the Keys, was my worry about seasickness. I would never go out on a boat at the outer banks, because i figured I would spend the trip blowing chunks, but after three trips that lasted for hours, I didn't even burp!

No comments:

Post a Comment