Mesa to Pitt 2015

Mesa to Pitt 2015
Mesa to OBX

Monday, April 18, 2016

April 17 Snyder, TX to Anson, TX

60.41 miles in 5:19...April 16,2016...(892 miles for the trip in 12 days, averaging 74.4 miles a day)....ascent.... 823 ft (16596 ft for trip)...
I didn't wake up until 9:15, the roads were dry, but more rain was in the forecast, so I had to roll. I thought I was going to get buffeted by north winds from 10 to 20, but they weren't really that terrible. There was a major cloud cover all day, and it only got above 60 for about an hour. The entire was a tale of three counties. I started in Scurry County, with it's new, ( read bone rattling) chip seal, into Fisher County, with its baby butt smooth roads, where I made much better time for 30 miles, to Jones County, where there was old chip seal, that I am just going to have to deal with in Texas. I stopped about halfway to eat in a town called Roby, since really didn't have a supper last night, and that was a highlight on a pretty blah day. After a big ride yesterday, my legs weren't exactly fuel injected, but they weren't bad either. Farmland mixed with scrub land, and it was all very misty and overcast after I stopped in Roby. I probably rode the last 15 miles in a light rain, but never really got soaked. I got in at about 4:30, ate at a dairy Queen, and just chilled out, while the drizzle just continued into the night

Flooded fields were everywhere after last night's storm

I'm in longhorn country!

No comments:

Post a Comment