Mesa to Pitt 2015

Mesa to Pitt 2015
Mesa to OBX

Saturday, April 16, 2016

April 16 - Pam's trip

Eureka, Missouri to Greenfield, Indiana
Even though it's Saturday, I still wanted to a relatively early start in hopes that traffic wouldn't be too bad going through St Louis.  While I was doing my final check around the rig, the man from across the road came up to me and commented on the Slippery Rock University license plate on the front.  As it turns out, he was born and raised in Slippery Rock, his dad was a professor at SRU and he also graduated from SRU.  Talk about a small world!
Traffic heading into St Louis wasn't TOO bad (still had a lot of cars), but the roads were terrible (thought I was going to shake apart) and there was construction the whole way, which shut down lanes and made life interesting!  I passed right by the famous arch (sorry no pictures on this trip!  Too crazy) and then over the mighty Mississippi I went!  And the roads didn't get better!  It did make for interesting opening of cabinets later in the day!  The Illinois roads seemed to get better, and the flowering trees continued!  The scenery was mostly huge farms, and less rolling hills (like yesterday).  Once I got away from St Louis, the traffic spread out and all was good until I got close to Indianapolis.  Lots of lanes, with lots of vehicles, with terribly rough roads.  Fortunately, I got through the town with little hassle and only 20 miles to drive to my final campground.  Tomorrow, if all goes well, I will be back in Claysville.

No comments:

Post a Comment