Mesa to Pitt 2015

Mesa to Pitt 2015
Mesa to OBX

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April 12 - Pam's trip

Casa Blanca, NM to Amarillo, Tx
Today was a long, kinda boring trip.  The day started out cold!  47 degrees is cold to me considering that it was 97 last Tuesday in Mesa!  The day was cloudy all day but I did manage to dodge the rain!  The scenery was pretty early on, but then I just had hours of high desert/flat lands!  The road (I-40) was wonderful in western New Mexico, but Albuquerque's roads were terrible!  It is neat cresting the mountain and then dropping down into the valley that is Albuquerque, but the roads are like a washboard!  After climbing out of the valley, the roads got better for awhile.  I did pass 3 bicyclists on I-40, they weren't loaded down like Mike is, but they probably have a support vehicle.
One thing I noticed is the lack of road kill along side the road, except for a dead bald eagle!  But there were lots of horses and cattle roaming in the endless flatland.  Oh, I also had the USD rowing team pass me.  So does the USD stand for University of South Dakota?  I don't know!
For those of you who didn't read my blog last June, you don't know about the windmills in Texas!  The windmill farm runs parallel to I-40 in Texas, so I decided to see how long they stayed with me.  I picked them up at mm14 and they ended at mm51!!!  Seriously!  And tomorrow they will start again on the other side of Amarillo.
Well, that's all for now!
I'm not sure what these formations are called.  Mesas??

Eastern New Mexico is pretty flat, with mountains or mesas or whatevers in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment