Mesa to Pitt 2015

Mesa to Pitt 2015
Mesa to OBX

Monday, April 18, 2016

April 17 - Pam's Trip

So this is my final post for the trip, but Mike's post will keep on going for quite awhile!  I traveled from Greenfield, IN (just east of Indianapolis) to Claysville, PA, which will be my home base for the summer.  I have to say, Indiana wins the award for the WORST roads!  From Indianapolis to the border of Ohio, I dodged (and hit) more potholes and had rougher roads than Pennsylvania ever had!  Fortunately, it was uneventful trip, with reasonable traffic (it's Sunday traffic) all the way home.  I did notice that the dogwood and redbud trees and the popping out of leaves that I saw in Missouri and Illinois are not present in Ohio and Pennsylvania!  Guess spring is slow to arrive here!
One surprise that I had right before I entered Columbus was that I passed Bounder towing a car and they both had New York plates!  Turns out it was the manager from my CalAm cafe that I worked at this winter!  Talk about a small world !
So for now, this is Pam signing off!
My campsite!  This is property that we own in Claysville and it's our go to place to park

No comments:

Post a Comment