Mesa to Pitt 2015

Mesa to Pitt 2015
Mesa to OBX

Monday, February 18, 2013

Getting ready to roll - Feb 16

We had planned to take a day trip up to Baton Rouge to see the LSU campus, but after waking up and thinking of all the things that needed to be done before we left tomorrow, we decided to just run errands, things like the post office, restocking at the Winn Dixie, and cleaning up the Rv. Pam worked her butt off while I sat and caught up on my comments on the blog, which is why you can read this, only a week or two late! One thing we did do, was check out possible routes for me across the Mississippi. It seems that there are very few bridges going our direction (2), and neither are ride able on a bike. I-310 is an interstate of course, but US90, which I have been following, goes across a huge bridge that is under construction to expand the lanes, and right now two trucks can't even cross side by side because the lanes are so narrow. We went across in the Jeep, and had to go 30 miles out of our way to get back across, because the other side of the bridge was totally shut down. We did, however, find a great little dive right next to the levee to have lunch. I now know that I must ride back into New Orleans, about 40 miles out of my way total, to take a ferry at the end of Canal Street across the big river. Then find US90 on the south side. Back on the road tomorrow !

It may not look like much, but man do they know how to cook seafood!

No comments:

Post a Comment