Mesa to Pitt 2015

Mesa to Pitt 2015
Mesa to OBX

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Aug. 4, Sunday. Another quiet day

Pam was still under the weather, and just wanted to lay low and regroup. Buddy and I took the Jeep out and explored some snowmobile trails and other dirt roads that we saw while biking the other day. Then Bud and I drove to Teton Village, the site of the Jackson Hole Ski Area, to see a free concert. The opening act was Ben Taylor, the son of James Taylor and Carly Simon. He was okay, but didn't play any of his parents songs. The second band was from Raleigh NC, and wasn't what we wanted to hear at all. I guess you get what you pay for. The atmosphere was nice though, and we watched the sunset over the green and grey ski slopes, and watched the rich people and beautiful people stroll around. The whole Teton Village is pretty upscale, and it would make my stomach hurt to spend what they were spending to stay there.
Tomorrow is a travel day, and my mind and legs are ready to do some riding. We have sort of spun our wheels here for a couple of days, because there are no available camp sights any where else, and I didn't want to ride through Yellowstone on the busiest weekend of the year. But, tomorrow, I'm ready for anything!

Last day at the foot of the majestic Tetons!

Concert goers on the lawn

Ben Taylor, the singer

No comments:

Post a Comment