Mesa to Pitt 2015

Mesa to Pitt 2015
Mesa to OBX

Monday, December 3, 2012

SKP Resort, Wauchula Florida

SKP resort, Zolfo Springs, Fla  This is another campground that is part of the Escapes Parks program.  It is a beautiful campground with lovely people.
Nov 30. I took a day off and laid around the pool. I did learn something today though. I was out walking the perimeter of the campground, and I had an orange that I had picked. I stopped to talk to a milk cow, and about 20 cows started walking towards me. As it turns out , they wanted the orange I was carrying! Cows love oranges! It must be the forbidden fruit. I picked about a half dozen and fed them to different cows. They snarfed them right up and wanted more. I figure that the owner of the orange tree and the owner of the cows wouldnt see how the cows enjoyed them, so I stopped short of giving every cow an orange, but it was a learning experience!
   
 Dec. 1 I went out on an easy ride and explored the two towns in the area as well as some country roads. Idid about 32 miles, not always knowing where I was, but I successfully navigated a loop course that I invented as I went.  That evening, we watched the Christmas parade in Wauchula in 70 degree temperature.
The Grinch in the Christmas Parade.
    

Dec.2 I took a ride  today on a loop course through Ona and Arcadia  that went about 54 miles and took about 3:45, just cruising thru the countryside. It was very uneventful, lotsa orange groves and cattle ranches. The most interesting thing I saw was the Limestone Country Club. It was a shack out in the middle of nowhere with outdoor tables and motorcyclists were hanging out there drinking on a Sunday afternoon. It reminded me a little of Shuba deer shop, and was a very unexpected sight. I waved to everyone as I went by, and no one waved back, because I think I was also a very unexpected and unusual sight.

Our campsite at the SKP Resort

No comments:

Post a Comment