Mesa to Pitt 2015

Mesa to Pitt 2015
Mesa to OBX

Saturday, November 17, 2012

St. Augustine to Port Orange

St Augustine Beach to Port Orange - Nov16  Just another great day of riding on great roads (A1A).  Very overcast and "cool" weather was offset by a tailwind and very little traffic. I loved Flagler Beach, where the road was within 100 yds of the ocean for many miles. The ocean is still pretty angry and the northeast wind is pushing it up onto what is normally the beach.  The camp grounds also are right on the beach, and someday I would love to spend some time there.  The one downer, was a bicyclist who was down on the side of the road and must have been hit only a few minutes earlier.  I heard all the sirens and went by just as the ambulance was pulling up. I think it was a girl,  who was unclipped from an undamaged bike and covered by a blanket.  There were plenty of caregivers there, so I just kept on going, but it woke me up a little bit.  As I was getting close to Daytona, in Ormond  Beach, I came upon Pam and the incapacitated motor home. The heat shield under the chassis to protect the propane tank from exhaust heat had fallen off.  We had to go 10 miles out of the way, but we got it fixed.  I hopped back on the bike and rode through Daytona to Port Orange to our campground.
      Nov 17.  We hung out at Daytona Beach for a while.  The waves were all the way to the retaining walls, and there really wasnt a beach, but the weather was nice.  We also went back to the place that fixed the motor home because they shortchanged us about 30 bucks.  I also went to church at a place where I might have been the youngest person there, and it was a BIG church!  I am very aware, of being surrounded by an aging snowbird population, and I'm not so sure I like it all that much.

Mike forgot to mention that Daytona was flooding!  Water was all the way to the boardwalk.




Little visitor on the pier at Daytona Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment