Mesa to Pitt 2015

Mesa to Pitt 2015
Mesa to OBX

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pam's Point of View....

Oct 28 - Mike might have thought the trip from Charleston to Beaufort SC was uneventful.....We were getting the "Sandy" winds (with 35 mph gusts) and I had to drive over the "monster bridge" into Charleston (we were camping on the northern side of Charleston).  Signs stated warning high winds, high profile vehicles stay in right lane, slow speed!  I was blown all over my lane and I could hardly get up the "hill" of the bridge!  What I didn't know was that when I put on my flashers, it starts pumping the brakes in the jeep!  What a stupid thing to happen ROADMASTER (made my Invisabrake)!  Anyway, I got blown all over the road all the way to Beaufort, but the campground was beautiful!  Oh, and to make the day even better, a man came up to me after I pulled into the campground and informed me that the jeep didn't have a right brake light (turns out no rt turn signal either)!


Oct 29 - Trip to Parris Island.  Pardon me for all the pictures, but they are for my Dad.  He was a drill instructor on Parris Island during WWII.  Love you Daddy!
Anyway, we walked around base and also viewed the Marine Corps Museum.  It was a very emotional day for me.  We also got to see them practicing for graduation.  These guys look like babies!  Even the officers look so young!!!!

Important battles were listed on the walls of the museum. 
Saipan was important to me....

Drilling

 
When working out, this is how they stack their rifles and packs.

Drilling on the parade grounds

 
"Iron Mike" statue

Wall inside the museum

My father was part of "the Fighting Fourth".


Iwo Jima statue in front of parade grounds.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment