Mesa to Pitt 2015

Mesa to Pitt 2015
Mesa to OBX

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Croatan National Forest to Wilmington

Pam - So the night passed without any bobcat screams!  This morning I sat outside the motorhome with a cup of tea and watched the squirrels, birds and other creatures who wanted to take a look at the "being" who was invading their turf!  Later, I went for a walk on the nature trail - it is a trail created by the NPS with informative signs telling you about the salt marsh and all its creatures.  I have posted two items that I saw on my walk.  Oh!  Did I mention that this trail is maybe 15 miles or less away from Camp Lejeune?  That means while I was walking I listened to the tanks and artillary firing away!!  It was a little creepy! 

Anyway, I'm getting faster at packing up and closing up the motorhome, and also hooking up the jeep.  The trip was only 80 some miles to our next campsite, but I did travel around Jacksonville and got to see Marine equipment driving down the road and other cool stuff like helicopters and cool looking planes.  I ended up in the Wilmington KOA for the next two nights - it's nice but not as beautiful as our site in Croatan National Forest!  Oh, well, I will post my pictures and I'm sure Mike will have some other cool pictures!

Look carefully and you will see a great egret! Others were perched in the bushes.

I have no idea what this flower is called, but it was growing in the middle of a salt marsh!

No comments:

Post a Comment