Mesa to Pitt 2015

Mesa to Pitt 2015
Mesa to OBX

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Turtles are Here!!!

Pam - Ah, the stress of retirement!  We have 3 turtle nests on the beach, with two of them hatching.  For the last week, I have been checking the first nest that is due - well as best as I can since the NPS has roped off the site.  Finally, nest #1 hatched last night.  The park ranger informed me that the roped off area will remain until Sunday morning when they excavate the site for any remaining turtles that are stuck!  I am allowed to watch them excavate and I may take pictures - such excitement in my retired life!  Just think, I would have missed this all if I were still teaching!  AND I have 2 more nests to go!  Hopefully I will have pictures to post after Sunday (I've gotta keep up with Mike and his pictures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment